icon Scroll Down for Description
Overview of Battery Thomas. Battery Thomas was a concrete gun emplacement built in 1898 over part of the old brick fort. During wars, electrically detonated mines were laid across the entrance to Mobile bay. The battery with its 4.7 inch guns prevented minesweepers from removing the mines.



CLICK HERE TO CLOSE

© Sid Sytsma, March, 2010