Badger and South Waterfront Park

Description :
The Ludington Waterfront Park and Sculpture Garden is a city revitalization project. It has a bandshell and playground for children on the north side, an extensive walkway with views of the harbor and Badger dock to the south and west, and the Harborview Marina and Harborfront Plaza condominium project on the east. In the park are a collection of sculptures, mostly in bronze that depict the history of the Ludington area. The SS Badger is the largest, and the last coal-fired passenger and vehicle ferry on the Great Lakes. It operates from the middle of May to the middle of October and travels from Ludington to Manitowoc, WI. The Badger is 410 feet long, 60 feet wide and weighs 4,200 tons and cruises at about 18 mph. The Badger was entered service in 1953 and is designated as both Michigan and Wisconsin historic sites.